Approvals and Specifications:
- ACEA C3
- API SN/CF
- BMW — Longlife-04
- dexos2® (replaces GM-LL-B-025 and GM-LL-A-025 : GB2C0923082)
- MB-Approval 229.51/ 229.31
- Renault RN 0710 / RN 0700
- VW — 502 00 / 505 00
Castrol MAGNATEC Stop-Start 5w-30 C3 Description
When choosing an engine oil, it is important to consider not only its flowability, but also the operating conditions in which the vehicle will be used most often.
For example, if a car owner lives in a big city, they are inevitably faced with the phenomenon of traffic congestion. This forces the internal combustion engine to idle frequently, at the same time accelerating and braking rapidly. All this combined is not the best for the engine’s service life.
Exactly for such driving circumstances specialists of Castrol, the leader in the production of fuel and lubricants worldwide, invented a product Castrol MAGNATEC Stop-Start 5w-30 C3.
MAGNATEC technology is based on the principle of magnetizing molecular compounds that adhere to the metal parts of an internal combustion engine, creating a special tough lubricating layer that protects important engine components from the friction forces and the subsequent wear.
The “smart” molecules lock securely in place on the engine parts, without slipping downwards as is the case with counterpart oils on the market. This solution enables a safe and easy start of the vehicle, even after a standstill.
Castrol MAGNATEC Stop-Start 5w-30 C3 Advantages
Castrol MAGNATEC Stop-Start 5w-30 C3 has a number of advantages over competitors’ offerings.
- Moderate cost. The price tag of the oil is on average 10-15% lower than the nearest analogs, which, with equal quality, increases the demand among customers
- Reliable engine protection during irregular loads. The formula is tested in the conditions of urban driving, where sharp acceleration and braking are constantly observed
- Absence of natural consumption. A high-quality base will not burn out, which minimizes the loss of lubricant
- Resistant to temperature fluctuations. A higher viscosity index keeps it flowing in winter and maintains a secure protective layer during overheating, which also reduces wear
- Compatible with diesel particulate filters and catalytic converters
On the downside, buyers point out the lack of protection during racing and the copying that occurs.
Castrol MAGNATEC Stop-Start 5w-30 C3 Features
Using the Magnatec platform, Castrol MAGNATEC Stop-Start 5W-30 C3 ensures an envelope of molecular compounds in the lubricating layer of the engine parts to protect them from the wear.
Castrol MAGNATEC Stop-Start 5w-30 C3 is suitable for gasoline/diesel engines meeting the following specifications: ACEA C3, API SN/CF, BMW – Longlife-04, dexos2® (GM-LL-B-025 and GM-LL-A-025 : GB2C0923082), MB-Approval 229.51/ 229.31, Renault RN 0710/RN 0700, VW – 502 00 / 505 00 and SAE viscosity grade 5w-30.
It can also be used in older versions.
Castrol MAGNATEC Stop-Start 5w-30 C3 Аpplication
Castrol MAGNATEC Stop-Start 5w-30 C3 cares about the environment. After all, its specification allows for use in petrol engines with catalytic converters and diesel engines with particulate filters – exhaust gas after treatment systems. In general, it is suitable for a variety of passenger cars. It is presented for use in their vehicles by the world’s leading car manufacturers – BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Renault, Volkswagen, and others.
Are you satisfied with the use of this engine oil?