Approvals and Specifications:
- API SN/CF
- ACEA A3/B3, A3/B4
- JASO SG+
- MB 229.3
- VW 502 00/505 00
- Renault RN0700, RN0710
- Fiat 955535-G2
Shell Helix HX7 10w-40
Shell Helix HX7 10W40 is semi-synthetic engine oil that takes the best of both synthetic and mineral oils. Created using unique PurePlus technology from natural gas, it has impeccable purity compared to its petroleum hydrocarbon counterparts. Technology is one of a kind. It is patented by Shell and has no equivalent worldwide.
Active Cleansing additives are another invention used in this product. Thanks to these two technologies the engine is reliably protected against deposit formation, the oil cleans it and keeps it clean afterward, without losing its efficiency from replacement to replacement.
The oil is almost non-fouling and evaporates little, so it requires little or no refilling between replacements. It retains its viscosity values throughout its service life.
Shell Helix HX7 10w-40 Advantages and Disadvantages
Shell Helix Nx7 10v40 incorporates all the best qualities found in synthetic and mineral oils. Here are the positives it has:
- Versatility. It can be used in cars and off-road vehicles, in old and modern cars, running on any kind of fuel. In addition, you can use it both in winter and in summer, in the city, on the road and off-road
- Effective engine protection. The lubricant protects the engine against practically all negative processes that may occur in it: wear, corrosion, harmful deposits, and oxidation. The life expectancy of the engine as a whole as well as of its individual parts is extended
- Economy. Thanks to its low volatility, the oil is economical to use and seldom needs to be topped up between full changes. The oil can be changed less frequently because the viscosity of the product remains stable throughout its service life. It contributes to fuel economy
- It is also less expensive than Shell’s fully synthetic products and offers a viscosity that is virtually unaffected by changes in environmental conditions, allowing use in all weather, temperature, and road conditions
Shell HX7 10W-40 has some drawbacks:
- Not as effective in extreme cold
- Does not clean the engine as well as a pure synthetic
- Not suitable for high-tech engines
Many car owners note that after changing the manufacturer, the oil quality has become much worse. What caused this is unknown.
In general, we can say that this product is an optimal combination of price and quality. It meets most of the requirements of car owners, which is why so many people prefer it.
Shell Helix HX7 10w-40 Application
Shell Helix HX7 10W40 engine oil is used both in foreign-made cars and domestic vehicles. It is recommended for use in gasoline and diesel engines. Suitable for any vehicle regardless of age.
Approved by concerns like Ferrari, Volkswagen, Renault, and Fiat. It is also used by other well-known European car manufacturers.
Are you satisfied with the use of this engine oil?