Approvals and Specifications:
- API SN
- ACEA АЗ/ВЗ, A3/B4
- BMW LL-01
- MB229.5, 226,5
- VW 502.00/505.00
- PORSCHE A40
- Renault RN0700, RN0710
- PSA B71 2296
- Meets the requirements of Fiat 9.55535.Z2, 9.55535-N2
- Chrysler MS-10725
- MS 12991
Shell Helix Ultra 5w-40
Shell Helix Ultra 5w-40 is a synthetic oil based on natural gas synthesis technology. The process involves splitting the raw materials into fractions, resulting in a product of the highest purity.
The base consisting of a bouquet of similar lubricants is complemented by a complex of effective detergent additives.
This combination guarantees a long lubricant service life and an adequate degree of cleaning of the surfaces of the power unit. Additional parameters are considered to be minimum consumption – the oil is not subject to thermal degradation, which guarantees minimization of natural consumption.
It is also characterised by stability under significant temperature fluctuations. The lubricant retains its properties in cold weather, making it easier to start a cold engine.
Last but not least is the creation of a solid, oily film on the surface of rubbing parts. The coating reduces friction, lowering fuel consumption and overall engine temperature. All these factors combine to guarantee long engine life and improved performance.
Shell Helix Ultra 5w-40 Description
Shell is one of the world’s most popular oil companies. Shell PurePlus technology, coupled with their Active Cleansing Technology additive package, helps extend engine life, reduces maintenance costs, and provides excellent cleansing properties.
Shell Helix Ultra 5w-40 is fully synthetic engine oil that not only provides maximum engine protection but also helps clean the components inside the engine. Separately, there are API and ACEA specifications:
API SN/CF approval – are energy-saving and meets the requirements of leading car companies. Additives are added to these motor oils to inhibit the formation of deposits and extend the life of engine packing and gaskets. Suitable for diesel engines with direct injection systems.
ACEA A3/B3/B4 approval – suitable for use in all non-injected, injected, turbocharged and highly accelerated engines in passenger cars and light trucks operating on petrol, diesel or biofuel. Suitable for vehicles exposed to fuels with high sulphur content.
Shell Helix Ultra 5w-40 Advantages and Disadvantages
All Shell motor oils are renowned worldwide for their high quality and maximum engine protection. Consider the positive qualities of Shell Helix Ultra 5w-40:
- Provides reliable engine protection in all operating conditions, including urban start-stop and high speed operation. Enhances engine life when compared to other brands.
- Successfully passed laboratory and performance testing at the Shell Research Centre.
- Quality oil, confirmed by world-class racing.
- Suitable for cars equipped with catalytic converters and turbochargers.
- Exceeds current industry standards.
- Low oil consumption. The use and careful selection of base oils with reduced volatility significantly reduce the cost of oil depletion. That means no oil refilling is necessary until the next service interval.
- Fuel economy and excellent starting performance. The low viscosity and low friction characteristics allow the rapid supply of lubricant to the desired equipment, resulting in lower fuel consumption and optimum cold-start performance.
- Virtually chlorine-free. It meets environmental regulations and reduces the risk of disposal.
The disadvantages are the high price of the product and its popularity among counterfeit manufacturers.
Shell Helix Ultra 5w-40 Usage
Shell Helix Ultra 5w-40 engine oil has been approved by many major car manufacturers, including cars: Audi, BMW, Chrysler, Mercedes, Nissan, Peugeot, Porsche, Renault, Céat, Citroën, Ferrari, Fiat, Volkswagen and Skoda. It is the only product that is officially used by Ferrari.
It can be called truly universal. It is suitable for gas engines, diesel engines (including those with direct injection) and also petrol engines. It is also compatible with biofuels. Meets the requirements of turbocharged and injected engines. It is fully compatible with passenger cars and light trucks and may be used in vehicles with fuels containing high percentages of sulphur.
According to the Shell Helix Ultra 5w-40 marking, this grease will perform its intended function within the temperature range of +30°C to -40°C. The pour point is -45°C, making it suitable for use in northerly regions.
Shell Helix Ultra 5w-40 provides a tough, friction-resistant coating to protect machine parts, enabling operation in urban traffic with the constant start-stop operation, in bad weather and off-road driving.
Are you satisfied with the use of this engine oil?