Approvals and Specifications:
- ACEA C2, ACEA C3
- API SN
- MB-Approval 229.52, 229.51, 229.31
- Fiat 955535.GS1 & Fiat 955535.DS1* (compliant)
- Porsche C30
- * should not be used for Euro 6 engines Fiat SDE 1.3L
Shell Helix Ultra ECT C2/C3 0w-30 Description
Shell Helix Ultra ECT C2/C3 0w-30 is the latest engine oil in Shell’s synthetic range. It is manufactured on a high quality synthetic basis with Emission Compatible Technology (ECT) to provide excellent cleanliness in exhaust aftertreatment systems such as diesel particulate filters and catalytic converters.
The company’s flagship technology, Shell PurePlus, gives the oil excellent detergent and cleaning properties. No other oil is as effective at protecting your engine from sludge, soot, and varnish deposits. It also prevents corrosion, rust, oxidation, and foaming. The cleaning ability of the oil is clearly visible in the waste oil – when it is replaced it is dark with particles of sludge and soot dissolved in it.
The technical characteristics of this grease exceed modern requirements the standards. For example, piston cleanliness is maintained by 45% higher than with other C2/C3 oils. The anti-wear properties are up to 50% higher. In addition, fuel economy is up to 2.6% (the exact figure depends on the fuel quality, vehicle specification, and use).
Shell Helix Ultra ECT C2/C3 0w-30 Features
Shell Helix Ultra ECT C2/C3 0w-30 meets the rigorous claims for a new type of engine oil required by today’s automotive manufacturers. Shell, the premium motor oil company, has its own, notated Shell PurePlus technology, which produces a process for separating base oils from natural gas.
This technology makes it possible to significantly improve engine performance and extend the engine’s service life. Shell Helix Ultra ECT C2/C3 0W-30 achieves a fuel economy of up to 2.6% and provides excellent oxidation and wear protection.
The Shell Helix Ultra ECT C2/C3 0w-30 designation means that it is designed for powertrains fitted with exhaust after treatment systems. Unlike Shell Helix A3/B4 0W30, which is not suitable for such systems. This is in contrast to Shell Helix Ultra A5/B5 0W30. It is also designed for use in engines that are exposed to very high loads and harsh operating conditions.
Shell Helix Ultra ECT C2/C3 0w-30 Benefits
- Shell’s ultimate exhaust after-treatment protection
- Protects the exhaust after treatment system by preventing the formation of ash deposits in the particulate filter
- Shell special active washing technology
- Helps protect high-performance engines against deposits
- Unrivaled protection against sludge formation
- No other engine oil keeps your engine as clean as the factory
- The special antioxidant additive package
- Provides excellent antioxidant protection throughout the oil drain interval
- Low viscosity, low coefficient of friction
- Delivers up to 2.6% greater fuel economy
- Outstanding wear protection
- 4 times better than API SN requirements 2. Provides up to 50% more wear protection than required by ACEA C2/C3 specifications
- Low oil volatility
- Low oil flow to reduce refill frequency
- Outstanding piston cleanliness
- Maintains piston cleanliness up to 45% cleaner than required by ACEA C2/C3. Exceeds API SN Specification
- Unrivaled intake valve cleanliness
- Exceeds VW FSI test requirements
Shell Helix Ultra ECT C2/C3 0w-30 Applications
Shell Helix Ultra ECT C2/C3 0w-30 is used in modern gasoline, gasoline, and diesel engines, including those fitted with diesel particulate filters or catalytic converters.
The product is perfectly adapted for a wide range of driving styles and ensures a reliable engine start in extremely cold weather. Recommended for Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda, Seat, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Lancia, etc. (in compliance with the “passport” tolerances).
Are you satisfied with the use of this engine oil?